View Single Post
      06-07-2013, 01:12 AM   #1
scythemk
Rep
Drives: '07 335i Sedan, Sport Pkg.

M3 control arms vs. Meyle HD control arms

I know this has been discussed in other threads before, and I've done my due diligence and read through all the advice given.

My conclusion was that the Meyle HD control arms are somewhere in the middle between stock and the M3 arms in terms of handling performance.

I would go with the M3 arms, since they're only $100 more than the HD parts, just to have the satisfaction of knowing I have really improved my handling.

But then I think of the primary usage of my car. I live in SD and go up to Long Beach or Fullerton every other weekend, sometimes every weekend, to visit my gf and friends and family. 100 mile freeway trip one way, lots of driving straight. I don't track my car, but do like spirited turns on local streets, especially on empty streets when coming back late from work. I'm just worried that the M3 arms will add a lot of NVH and steering effort that will be felt during the long freeway cruises, without my daily driving using the improved handling enough.

What do you guys think? Those of you that have the M3 arms on an otherwise stock suspension (mine is 335 sport package), would you say the ride is harsher? Is the steering heavier only at slow speeds, or at freeway speeds too? Just want to make sure the $100 extra will be worth it for me and that I won't be left wishing I had gotten the HD arms.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0