View Single Post
      02-27-2020, 07:41 PM   #1
salraf
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F90 M5, prior F80 M3, E60 M5

recent service now carplay issues

I Recently took my car in for service after I kept getting the 'SOS call System malfunction' message.

It turned out that there was some issue with the backup battery and navigation system which had to be replaced.

When I picked up the car I noticed that my I drive had been updated from system 6 to system 7.

On the way home I discovered that my sirius XM subscription had been deactivated and after several calls to both sirius XM and BMW dealership, the car was returned to the dealership and some type of reprogramming need to do be done for satellite radio to be active once again.

Since then I am unable to get carplay to work correctly. I have deleted the connection both from my phone and from the car on several occasions and when I re-pair, I select the activate card play selection. Bluetooth works fine and I'm able to make calls through my car. However, when pressing the media button, carplay is no longer an option to select.

When I enter the communication menu and select my current phone. I repeatedly get a message that carplay is available and to activate it, I need to delete the phone and re-pair. This, however, never leads to card play being functional.

Any suggestions? Is it something that I need to call the dealership about and something they need to activate seeing it as how they had to reactivate my satellite subscription?
Appreciate 0