Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Garage List
F90 M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantastic 5 View Post
My Jag SVR used the same gearbox, but was tuned much better. SVR just as fast on shifts but the gear spacing was so much better. I always drove it in manual because it was that good. With the M5, my biggest problem is that it lurches too much, especially on downshifts. It never feels comfortable being shifted manually. The gear spacing is so off that it again makes it hard to drive it manually.

Overall, the M5 is an amazing car. It can do things that most cars cannot, and for a sedan it's just crazy. But, it's not an easy car to drive well. Lots of configurations, with a lot of power makes it hard to really know the car or predict what it's going to do. I'm sure it's learnable, but it's not organic.
I don't find the car to lurch excessively on downshifts, and while it is present, it's far from disconcerting. I actually find that the only time the car lurches quite a bit and becomes a handful to drive is when you apply partial throttle in 1st gear S+ engine because 1st gear is so short and direct, along with the massive power and torque it can be quite bumpy and uneven. But it's partly due to the short first few gears that make this car rocket off.
Appreciate 1
jko200136.00