04-09-2008, 11:07 PM   #3
Lester
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives:

Mine is w/o Sunroof

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagletree View Post
Has anyone seen, demoed, ordered or acquired a 135 Coupe in Canada without the sunroof option?

Thanks.
Jet Black, Black Leatherette, Alum Glacier trim, Sport Package, PDC, Alarm, Aluminum Pedals. No sunroof. It is on a train somwehere in Canada right now, it is supposed to be in Vancouver on the 18th.

Why PDC you ask? I like to back tight into parking spaces against a wall whenever I can, in order to make it harder for would be thieves to force open the trunk. PDC will allow me to do that without damaging the rear bumper. My 1983 E21 320i has this feature - only it is an optical version. Actually, through the rear view mirror, I can see the pattern of the backup lights. As I get closer to the wall - I can see the lens pattern against the wall. When I see the top two rings, I am within 1/4 inch from the wall.

Vancouver has one of the highest rate of b&e and car thieves in North America. Money for drugs. Hence the BMW Alarm as well. I will also sport a new model club, although I haven't picked one out yet. If you ever travel to Vancouver by car do not ever leave anything of value visible in the car when you park, even a pair of sunglasss. The drug addicts will smash and grab anything that they can get $5 OR $10 for. The next rock of cocaine or heroin. Every week dozens, perhaps hundreds of rental cars and visitor's cars from the US get broken into downtown.
Appreciate 0