07-10-2016, 07:28 PM   #11
x233
Lieutenant
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: M2C, M235xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoppy6698 View Post
Just a warning from my experience - HR sport springs destroyed the M235 struts on my car in all four corners. Never tracked while on, but all struts began leaking after the install by a professional shop. After contacting HR, they essentially said they just make the springs, they do not guarantee they will not damage OEM equipment, the risk is all on the buyer. So buyer beware.

For my part, I will have to revert back to the stock M235 suspension until a better solution comes along. For the moment, any coilover or other strut/spring setup lowers the car too far beyond the roads in my area to be comfortable with.
It seems H&R 25 mm lowering springs may be a bit of an overkill for the stock adaptive shocks. There might be better options out there, in terms of function and shock's longevity.

To name a few:
1. Dinan springs plus bumpstops that come with them.
2. Eibach Pro-Kit (15/20 mm front and 10 mm rear, cheaper and probably just as good if not better function-wise)
3. H&R 15 mm lowering version front and rear (as opposed to 25 mm lowering that most folks use)
4. Vogtland springs (15 mm lowering front and rear)
5. Lightweight Lower Spring Kit (15 mm version)
6. ...

At least, that's what I came across when searching for lowering springs for my car. There are some other options but they lower more than 15 mm so I didn't bother as I see no point in driving "on bumpstops".

I'd say "dinan" bumpstops are mandatory with all of the above (see OEM numbers above).

I've had Eibach springs for 6k miles and, knock on wood, the shocks are fine so far, though my roads are far from perfect.
Appreciate 1