Rep
Drives: F10M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss330
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6ixSpd View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blindside_137 View Post
I remember when we hoped (dreamed) all this cost cutting and platform sharing meant more money for M cars R&D. Boy was that wrong.
It's literally a lipsticked 550iS M Sport xDrive. That's exactly what this "M5" is.

AWD and a 8spd slushbox, FOH. Explain why EVERY other high performance vehicle still uses a DCT then? If the ZF8 is sooooo good, why has Porsche/Ferrari/Lambo/AMG not adopted it? Because it's not.

I for one can't wait for the bullshit laden press release, it'll be hilarious.
Audi is ditching DSG over the ZF8 in their RS models, RS6/7 and the new RS5 all use the ZF8

AMG doesn't use a double clutch trans in their C63 and E63 range but has for a few generations instead used their own 7-speed auto transmission with a wet clutch pack instead of the torque converter found in regular MB versions
all the more reason to go your own way and be different. Audi, MB and bmw are busy copying each other that they have built the same cars.

waiting until I drive the ZF but fear "something" will be lacking that cannot be illustrated by shift times and specifications. like eating real beef burger vs a veggie burger.