Endless619
DHS
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M4, 2020 Land Rover

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by FerRrari View Post
I always put on Winter tires, it doesn't matter if the sun is shining, at temps below 45F the summer tires have almost no grip, why risk a collision?
I still think it doesn't get that cold here. Anything above 33 degrees is ok with "summer" tires for me and how I drive and have been doing so for 20 years. I won't change if its high twenties either. Just my experiences have showed me what I can and cannot run. I am more worried about other drivers quite frankly, not my "summer" tires.

I mean I moved from Dublin California where it gets down to 13 degrees sometimes and I had no issues with running a "Summer" tire but it was a dry cold, not wet. Here the coldest I have seen is mid 20's, sorry but still not cold enough to change tires. I drove back from the Seattle VS Saints game and it was high 20s the entire way. I had no issues what so ever until I hit Clatskanie where it was higher elevation, but even then you just slow down and watch your down shifting. The worst part is the roads were too salted and it damaged my paint...
I have lived in Alaska where the wet cold was below zero and yeah I would swap out to other tires then but I also would be running chains...and sometimes I wouldnt even drive to work, I would walk.

Keep in mind I am talking about "summer" tires working, no performance what so ever. I am talking about if you have to drive in these conditions, not drag racing in 28 degree weather..

Last edited by Endless619; 08-27-2011 at 07:09 PM..
Appreciate 0