06-09-2021, 10:47 PM   #44
irablumberg
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M5 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by malrash View Post
I think you’re comparing factory times with journo times. Factory time is likely to eclipse the competition. Again conjecture atm. Will see. Also I did not see Corsas being the tire for ring lap being mentioned. The car can potentially, though unlikely, be on the non corsa option.

I bought my CS as a daily driver since it’s reportedly comfier than the standard car.....comfier yet sportier. Broader in capabilities (to what extent is unknown) yet similar in purpose at a slight numerical expense which I think is inconsequential (at least here in the US)
The 'ring times I was comparing (7:36 for M5 Comp, 7:29.57 for CS) were set by the exact same driver, Christian Gebhardt, as reported on fastestlaps.com (here is the link: https://fastestlaps.com/tracks/nordschleife).

While I don't have a link supporting my statement that the CS was on Corsa tires, my understanding is that published 'ring times are for cars in stock form, including tires, unless otherwise specified. My understanding is that the CS comes with Corsa tires as stock.

In any case, while I am sure the CS is a fine car and has some level of exclusivity over and above a base or comp M5, I am not convinced that it is actually faster on track.

As for comparing the CS to the AMG and the Porsche, those were driven by factory drivers, but Christian Gebhardt is no slouch. Based on reports from fastestlaps.com, it appears he is consistently within 2 to 5 seconds of factory drivers with Porsche and AMG cars. 7 to 8 seconds is quite a bit to make up with just a different driver. We shall see when BMW's factory driver hits the 'ring. It is a bit odd that BMW has not yet published a 'ring time with its own driver.

Last edited by irablumberg; 06-09-2021 at 10:54 PM..
Appreciate 0