No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW iX, Porsche GT4 RS

Garage List
2022 M5 CS  [10.00]
2022 BMW iX  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Pete View Post
Do you track the M2 CS? For every day driving, I can't say the average driver will feel any measurable difference. Yes, I have a M2C and no, I do not hate on the M2CS. I can't justify the extra price when you can achieve equal or more performance with better suspension upgrades and tires available in the aftermarket. Resale value, straight out of the box/factory M2CS will be far greater than an upgraded M2C.

As far as M5 CS, seems like overkill for a big fat sedan. But it's an amazing car and I'm sure there's a market for it.
Having owned an OG M2 and driven an M2C, in my opinion (and i've said this on the CS boards) I view the M2 CS as excellent value at its MSRP compared to the other two at their MSRP. I did not really enjoy the driving dynamics of either of those cars but i really enjoy the compliant ride quality and the steering of the M2 CS. I don't believe its something easily replicated with aftermarket parts due to the adaptive dampers and the software tuning (as well as the added stiffness and weight balance from the roof and hood).

I don't criticize anyone who enjoys their OG M2 and M2C either, makes total sense as i owned one of them for 3 years. But no one should drive an M4C, M2C or M5C and assume they know how the corresponding CS model drives just based on deductive reasoning. And there are far too many people on these boards speaking authoritatively on that without having driven them (Even posters saying that reviews by auto journalists and owners can't possibly be realistic, also without having driven the cars themselves.)
Appreciate 0