05-25-2021, 11:33 AM   #18
FourPtDrift
This is my unique custom title
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 F90 M5C, '20 F83 M4C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poleposition View Post
IMO, one of the nicest colors you can get on an F90 M5. Although i am impartial as I do own one of the 2019 cars in this color. Not so sure about the claims of exclusivity as I am aware of 5 pre LCI cars in this color and 2 LCI in this color. One of them is actually only a couple miles away from me. Regardless of how many they built or didnt build, its still one of the nicest colors to live with as well. I picked mine up at the Welt in Munich and was told at the time it was a rare color but not 1 of 4 kind of rare. More like they made a few handfuls of them. Regardless, good luck with it. It certainly looks even better as an LCI model. Im sure you'll have many years of enjoyment. I had the car ceramic pro'd upon return to the states and that is a worthwhile investment for sure.

All the best
Thank you! I remember seeing your BMW Welt photos with your delivery - that must have been a fantastic experience!

As to the "rarity" matter - I don't know that this matters much or not. It certainly is very "uncommon." I knew about your car and another pre-LCI car, and I am aware of one LCI in besides mine in the U.S. and a couple more in Europe/Russia. And frankly, I'm sure there's bound to be more cropping up sooner or later. The exposure of the color on the M8's reveal no doubt has had plenty of time to reach many people at this point, and more than a few are bound to be interested in an M5 in the same finish.

I am VERY curious about your experience with the ceramic protection - how did this affect the color/luster/sheen of the car's finish? Any comparative photos, same vehicle placement/time of day/light value, showing a before and after? Perhaps something showing the process under way and presenting any "changes" in color tone/brightness as a result of the surface treatment?

Thank you for your kind wishes and thanks in advance for any additional info you can share re: your ceramic experience.

Regards,

Daniel

2021 F90 Comp LCI Frozen Marina Bay Blue/Aragon Brown Full Merino
2020 F83 Comp LCI Porsche Chalk/Black Full Merino
2018 F82 Comp LCI Mineral White/Sakhir Orange (Sold)
2017 F83 Comp Black Saphhire/Sakhir Orange (Sold)
Appreciate 0