View Single Post
      05-25-2021, 11:02 AM   #13
Simon H
Major
Rep
Drives: M5 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourPtDrift View Post
The photos are gorgeous! See? You do live in a beautiful country.

I am aware from online videos of the OPF issue you speak of, but of course, it's tough to tell what it really sounds like from just a video. The clips I've seen/heard, do seem to have the exhaust note somewhat "muted." Is there no aftermarket solution for overcoming this unwanted modification? What about the M Performance Titanium exhaust? Is it available to you in the UK?

-Daniel
The MPE has never really been available to us in the UK, but for a very short time in 2018, before OPFs became the norm here. I could go out and have it remapped, but im not just too sure if the LCI ECU has been unlocked yet, but, by doing that the warranty is then gone. Im told by the dealers, as soon as they plug the car in, it automatically will get flagged up in Germany that mods have been carried out. The engine and drivetrain warranty will be gone at this point. Im sure if your radio blew up, that would still be covered etc. Its tough to take listening to your beautiful car, its perfect, and i would buy the MPE in a heartbeat, if we could. The pops and bangs are actually mapped out now in the UK, its devoid of any aural excitement. I was secretly hoping the CS, may bring back a bit of character back here, but i went to look at one yesterday, and its just the same noise as mine. Never mind, im sure BMW would listen to a little minno like me, NOT !. If you listen to the likes of an Audi R8 V10 Performance, they are not just as quite as sharp, noise wise, with their OPFs fitted, but its only a slight muting, and they still pop and bang, so to say the EU regs has killed off all the noise is incorrect, because Audi can still do it, the same as AMG can, so come on BMW, you are letting your loyal customers down .
Appreciate 0