04-15-2020, 03:49 PM   #2
richard in NC
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 Z4 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanmpower View Post
Hope you are all staying safe and healthy. Hopefully you'll get a chuckle out of this.

I got a new car this week. A 2018 BMW M5.

Thing is, I've owned it for 21 months.

I just hadn't figured out the Sport Plus settings.

Working from home and getting bored, I wound up on Youtube the other night and began watching reviews about our car.

I almost skipped over the part where the reviewer described the ability to change settings for engine, steering, etc, as well as pre-setting the M1 and M2 buttons. He then went on to gush about how good the transmission was, without the need for paddles.

Without the need for paddles? That's what I thought was mandatory whenever selecting M1 or M2.

I came back in here and started reviewing threads about peoples' various M1 & M2 settings. That night I went out to the car and totally redid everything in M1 and M2. No more paddles. And basically in M1, everything is now Sport Plus.

Well, the steering is a bit heavy but...it feels like a new car LOL.

And the SOUND (I have the sport exhaust)...after a few LOUD and crackly revs, my kids came running into the garage and asked me if something was wrong with the car. To which I grinned....nnnnnnope. Quite the opposite.

I went for a quick rip onto the highway and OMG.

Anyway...my flame suit and dunce-hat are on. Oh and I'm loving the new car.

Take care,
TS
One tip reviews often miss is how to change M1 & M2 settings on the fly. For example if steering is sport+ after pressing M1, simply change the steering setting with the console button and then do a long press on M1 to save the new setting. No need to go into iDrive menus.
Appreciate 3
Jocko78105.50
Eman1536.00