///MD
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5 F90

Quote:
Originally Posted by utsteve98 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ST3 View Post
Don't forget using the Tidal music service with a direct connection. You pay a premium for their hi bit format which is worth it on the right systems including headphones with proper amps. I'm still not convinced the cabin of a car traveling down the road can serve as a proper environment.
It never will be the ideal environment but might as well get what you can enjoy. Definitely notice differences in high quality stereos in various cars.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ST3 View Post
Don't forget using the Tidal music service with a direct connection. You pay a premium for their hi bit format which is worth it on the right systems including headphones with proper amps. I'm still not convinced the cabin of a car traveling down the road can serve as a proper environment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by utsteve98 View Post
The only way to hear the best out of this stereo is to use HD Radio or an iPod or phone directly connected via USB. You will also need to have at least 256 kbps bit rate in AAC format or 320 kbps in MP3 format. Maybe it's just in my head by 256 AAC sounds better than 320 MP3. Maybe AAC has a better compression algorithm? Of course lossless formats would be best. I assume using the HD will have same quality as long as above formats are preserved.

Quality on satellite radio sucks along with Bluetooth. Maybe apple CarPlay is a little better but doesn't seem much better.
Just subscribed to Spotify premium and the sound is a lot better than Sirius and YouTube streaming
Appreciate 0