Drives: G80 M3, X4M, G07 X7m50

Garage List
2023 BMW G80 M3  [0.00]
2020 BMW X4MC  [0.00]
16' BMW X4 M40i  [10.00]
06 Cadillac STS  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by r33_RGSport View Post
Doing downpipe won't void the warranty. It doesn't do anything to the engine, it is against the law though if you are caught driving with catless downpipe on the street.
But hey, we won't tell.
I did ran it on my 528, took it to service and other non-engine related issues, my SA didnt mention or ask anything.

Uh, forgot to answer the main difference. Catted downpipe normally uses 200cell or 300cell catalytic, which has better flow than stock.
On turbo motor, less restriction, means fast spool.
Of course with catless, mean you are on a pipe only, so better performance than catted one.
Really? I mean I prob wont get the catless since its much louder & I dont want to bother with CELs triggered by it. And looks like the catted will provide decent improvement not far off from catless right?
Either way don't know where i'll be driving to rather not get stopped for smell.
So your SA didn't care since it was just service ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@x-ph.com View Post
By Law aftermarket mods do not void your warranty unless a dealership can prove that they damaged or caused the damage of another component.
Example if you go to the dealership with bad brakes they cant void your warranty because of catless DP.
But if you go with a bad engine or Turbo, then it gets tricky.
That being said damaging either one is very rare and it is almost impossible to be caused by catless DP. But even if it happens you can just remove the DP before you take the car to the dealership.
Add to that that catless DP are louder and sound sick even with stock exhaust
Thank you

IG: @bmwF9XG80

Appreciate 0