Germany
Rep
Drives: F34, 335iX GT M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrealm3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyrdr View Post
It's the same reason why I couldn't get the increased speed limiter option without getting the high performance tires I guess. So I had to get high performance tires in order to get the 155 mph speed limit, I am also picking up in December in Germany. Luckily for me I live in Germany so I will go straight to a shop and get winter tires put on. :-) ordered the 19s tires and msport brakes.
I can understand the speed limiter...Summer tires have higher speed rating than All-seasons so at least there's a direct explanation to that one.

With the brakes, I have no idea...tires have nothing to do with fitting a brake caliper given they're mounted on the same diameter and offset wheels (can get them with 18" summer tires). I guess they associated the bigger brakes with higher speeds, but considering they don't require them with summer tires, that's a thin argument for not taking my money!

BTW - Sweet ride you've ordered there!
You know what, I just looked at some paper work and the m sport brakes are listed as an option.....meaning we could get it as an option no matter what tire type or rim size. This might have to do with the type of dealer you are buying through and what agreements they have with BMW.. I am buying through a dealer that handles US Military and US Diplomats as their customers here in Germany.
Oh and thanks, can't wait for her to be built.
Appreciate 0