Rep
Drives: M4C xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by M135iXdriver View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by brava09 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey.Donatelli View Post
Just got a call from my dealer. I was planing on picking up my 2019 M5C this week but apparently there was a No Sale Recall issued today.

It is effecting all M5 models manufactured from Jan - November of 2019. There is an issues with the transmission wiring harness location. At this time there is no remedy!

My dealer said it would be a couple weeks or longer. Anyone else experienced this?
Yeah, this happened to my car( June 2019 production) and was stranded in the underground parking lot of a shopping mall. Very difficult to tow it out, as transmission couldnt be shifted to neutral.

Eventually reached the dealership on a flat bed, and the short story was that transmission wires got exposed somehow and short-circuited, rendering the transmission unusable.
They fixed it though in a couple of hours and could get my car back next day
But if the cables were allright all they needed to do is place them somewhere that there would be no harm.
They said they needed to reinsulate them as they got exposed. It was an easy fix indeed, but my experience being stranded and flat bed was not easy
11 Audi RS5 Misano Red--sold
08 E92 M3 Jerez Black 6MT--sold
08 E92 335i 6MT traded in for M3
Appreciate 0