02-25-2011, 05:17 PM   #19
DimSum
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: SLOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by beemw View Post
Well not much in terms of performance, but it should help you with that laggy feel off the line. I personally wouldnt recomend it, you wont gain much probably like 5 peak whp...
Quote:
Originally Posted by beemw View Post
Wel are you looking for a tune for the n54 or n52? The jb3 is only for 335i/535i/135i/x6/x5/z4....etc only cars that have turbos. When a car has a turbo you can easily get more horsepower with software(piggyback/tune) by making the turbo run more psi. THe more psi a turbo is running, the more power you make. On a non turbod car, theres not much you can do which is why I personally beleive these tunes for the n52 are completely useless for extra power. The only good thing about them is that they give you a little bit better throttle response, but youre not really going to see a performance gain(I remember one guys dynod before and after and only got 3whp...
If youre looking at thisone for a 335i(anything with the n54) I wouldnt recommend it, because a flash tune will always be more detectable than a piggyback, since the piggyback trick the ecu, compared to this that actually reprograms the whole ecu and bmw is able to see when the latest software was loaded.
I don't think its only 5whp. There's a guy who shaved off a whole second on his 0-60 after an AA tune on his 328i with AFE intake and BMW Performance intake. I'm sure we are looking about a good 10-15whp, and the tunes make the car better optimized for higher octanes.

Ultimately a tune is much better than a piggy, but of course piggybacks are made for convenience and ease of use sake. I know someone who went from JB3 to COBB Tuning and noticed a huge difference in power delivery and the car was much smoother off the line.

Anyways, this thread was not made to compare piggybacks to tunes.
It's a group buy. If you want to discuss the differences between a tune and piggybacks, leave the conversations for this section: http://www.e90post.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=58
Appreciate 0