02-08-2011, 01:35 PM   #22
SteveF1
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 320D M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by acerboo View Post
read in the Sun today the government has cut the council's road budget by£165 million but its giving africa £100 million to imrpove its roads! Bonkers!
This country is fooked in the head, no logic whatsoever. Sometimes I want to cancel the direct debits for my council tax or stop paying road tax and suffer the consequences, what would they do if we all stopped in protest, lock us all up? If they cut the actual repair budgets they will more than double that figure suffering lawsuits from drivers claiming against them for damage to their car. The dumb fookers are so short sighted its untrue!

Private companies like the utility firms should also foot whole swathes of road being repaired when they dig up sections to upgrade or repair their stuff. Its them that constantly rip up roads, a little bit here and a little bit there that eventually fail first as they'be broken the continuity of the tarmac. We had one road near us completely resurfaced from one end to the other, they did a nice job and put new markings and high grip compound down. It took a few months of hardship and traffic jams but it was worth it when completed. Then within a month of it being done United Utilities ripped up one section to replace piping that was old and when they left the repair was shocking. Why councils don't hold these twats to book is another thing.

I still avoid potholes despite moving from runflats, the M sport suspension is still stiff regardless but my major gripe is the fact the interior trim rattles and cracks when even a minor pothole is hit and this just makes me cringe. The actual bump absorption isn't that bad but the fact the interior can't handle it makes potholes the devil incarnet.
Appreciate 0