10-20-2010, 10:38 PM   #17
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Lot

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dzenno View Post
Thanks for posting Irish..good discussion too..

I have one comment for shiv and a question..comment: this was on map2 with 100% UT and 0% ign corr and auto tuning was, I'm pretty sure, could be wrong, "OFF".
Question: how is procede different in that mode of operation than the jb3 in terms of timing as it doesn't autotune boost or timing in that setup...Whenever I'm at the strip autotune is off (except for this past weekend) as recommended. I run map 2 20psi no ign correction. What would be the difference between the 2 tunes timing/boost wise, strictly in this drag setup configuration where 100+ octane is used and meth
You can (and should) leave autotuning ON at the drag strip. When running race gas and/or meth, your aggression value should never go higher than 2 (the default target). In fact, it will probably say under 1 which means that autotuning will ramp things right up to the max boost setting and down to 0% ignition correction.

The difference is, even with 0% ignition correction, the Procede still applies a dynamic correction during sudden load transitions which you see at every upshift. Which is why Irish is knocking (with the jb3) and you are not (with the Procede) despite similar conditions, boost and octane. We just chose not to show it as a datalog parameter since we wanted to keep this extra bit (among other things) to ourselves.

Shiv
Appreciate 0