View Single Post
      10-03-2010, 05:38 PM   #16
dtc100
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 328i 6AT non-sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlinfe View Post
Yeah I second the spacer thing. I have 20mm spacers on the rear and 15mm up front. I recently had bought new tires from them and had the install done there.

They said they would be more than happy to take the spacers off the car but couldn't reinstall them. When I pressed they said it was because I probably used the same wheel studs to reinstall the wheels and that they would break. I told them that I had longer wheel studs (bolts) and that it wouldn't be a problem. The manager put his hands in the air and said "sorry its not my policy, its corporate."

So I went home changed clothes and took the damn spacers off, put in the stock wheel studs in and went back. 45 mins later my car had new tires on, another 1/2 hour and my spacers were back on.

Litigation has this country afraid of its own shadow.

OP good luck with your case. Often when you drive the car away from any service center they can claim no fault from there on out. I really hope things go your way.
Thanks for the heads up. I will just remove the spacers then put them on later.

BTW, did you do the measurement to determine the spacers? I measured mine with the masking tape method, there is no room for spacers in the front (less than 8mm), about 15mm in the rear.
Appreciate 0