View Single Post
      09-13-2010, 09:08 AM   #1
MikeinAlexandria
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i M Sport Convertible

1 Series dissing on the highway

Is it just BMWs in general now or specifically the One Series that seems to entice folks to do nasty things. Several times in the last few weeks, I have been on two lane or four lane super highways following the cars in front of me at elevated speeds over the limited, maintaining a safe three second distance from the car in front. A grubby car or van will approach from my right, and quite literally ram it's way between me and the car in front. No signal, just carreens right over while I hit the brakes to avoid getting smushed. If there wasn't a missile law in Virginia, I would fire paint balls at their side mirrors till they pulled out of the way. What is really annoying is these folks who were so eager to get around me, slow down to about five to ten miles over the limit and we don't even continue to keep up with the flow of traffic! What the heck is with this?? Just idiots, or folks with a genuine beef with Bimmers, or cabrios? It is obnoxious. Getting ready to carry an slr in the car all the time to take photos for the state police...
Appreciate 0