05-01-2010, 04:14 PM   #29
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Quote:
Originally Posted by wkndracr View Post
What exactly do you mean by this? Which valve do you open, and is this process for each wheel? Would this procedure even be necessary when just upgrading to higher temp fluid without opening up the hydraulic system?
I think "Evolution Racewerks" meant the ABS/DSC valve body. the all alloy block near the brake resivoir. There are no bleed valves, just brake lines going into and out of the "block". The way you would bleed it would be to loosen EACH metal brake line going into and out of the valve body.

I would never try that... bc you are just ASKING for trouble - stripping a brake line nut! But to each their own.

Using a pressure bleeder like the Motive would do the same thing... bc you would "move" that old brake fluid out of there... by running a few liters thru the system. It's way less risky too. I always bleed more fluid than necsarry. Norammly I run thru the sequence twice. RR, LF, RF, LF. Then repeat te bleed all over again.

Good Luck,
David

Here is a picture of the ABS valve body block next to the brake res!

Incase someone is curious as the the VR, VL, HR, HL stampings on the valve body... thats German for:
VR = Front Right
VL = Front Left
HR = Right Rear
HL = Left Rear

Hinten = Rear
Vorden = Front

Rechts = Right
Links = Left

Last edited by Dackelone; 05-01-2010 at 06:15 PM..
Appreciate 2