View Single Post
      09-25-2009, 11:49 AM   #7
asr engineering
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M5

We worked with Spec to develop this clutch quite sometime ago since we've had great success using their clutch kits for our Porsche applications. The one that is in lamia2super's car is a Stage III with aluminum flywheel we installed several months ago. Although, I would've recommended a Stage II+ since that is more than enough clutch for a stock turbo car with full bolt on's. I believe he chose the Stage III because he plans on upgrading his turbo in the future. We've installed several of the Stage II+ kits and they feel and engage just like stock. I would only recommend Stage III for our turbo upgrades if you plan on going all the way up to Stage III (650hp to the flywheel).

Also, Spec offers two options of clutches. The first option is for a stock style self-adjusting clutch kit that will only work with a stock flywheel. The second option is a non-self adjusting clutch kit that is designed to work with the aluminum flywheel option. Our personal shop car with turbo upgrades uses the Stage III with aluminum flywheel option.
Appreciate 0