05-11-2005, 09:44 PM   #12
deutschmann59
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertb
I have the car, I know what's available and what's not. DRLs are not available as I knew them on the e46 which is the inner halogen low beams. BMW USA's website says this: "Note: Advanced Vehicle & Key Memory and Programmable Daytime Running Lights are not available at this time."
When you went to pick up your car, did the dealer ask you questions like "do you want the daytime running lights?" I'm thinking maybe my dealership has a standard list of questions they ask for any new BMW they sell, and maybe the list hasn't been updated for the E90, which you say doesn't yet have DRLs.

I just found it a little odd that you can set up just about any feature through iDrive except the DRLs. My dealer did mention something that insurance prices sometimes go down a little if your car is equipped with the DRLs, so I thought maybe in order to qualify for a lower rate, the dealer has to set the DRLs and then they can't be adjusted through iDrive--if the insurance company has you down for DRLs... That sort of makes sense, I guess...
Appreciate 0