View Single Post
      07-25-2009, 02:03 PM   #8
cadeucsb
Captain
Rep
Drives: TiAg 135i

The reserve is the price that if it doesnt hit that, you dont have to sell it. With no reserve, you have to honor the sale at whatever price the auction ends at.

Ebay is a semi psychological game...auctions can run different lengths, but the standard 7 days is good (dont do less). It runs exactly 7 days, so you want to post the item at a good time for it to end...for example dont post it at 2am on a tuesday because the auction will end the following tuesday at 2am. Most of the bidding usually happens at the end. I think I read in an ebay guide that the best posting time is Sunday @ 7pm pacific.

Starting price is also a psychological barrier, if you start bidding at $200, you probably wont get much interest and if any, it will be at the very end. Try setting a reserve (an amount the bidders wont know until they exceed it) at your rock bottom price, but still start the bidding at 99 cents.

Good pictures and description as mentioned above are key...these will prove that you are selling a good item. Dont waste your money on any of the ebay add-on items that drive up the cost of your auction..the only one I use is the extra pictures for a couple cents extra.

If I think of more info, ill post it up.

If you create an ebay account (if you dont have one, also make sure you have paypal)...I can walk you through the posting if you want.
Appreciate 0