05-11-2005, 01:52 PM   #4
RedStripe
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 325i

Garage List
2006 BMW 325i  [0.00]
I posted something like this in a thread called "Dealer Setups", but since we have a specific thread about the HID lights for the e90 and I still had some questions, I thought I would post again.

Basically this is my understanding (only talking about e90's with Xenon Adaptive Headlights): for each headlight housing, there are two bulbs. As you can see from the attached pictures. I thought Bi-Xenon meant that both of the bulbs were HID lights. I'm not sure which bulb is which, but I assumed one is low beam and one is high beam. My best guess is the larger one (the bulb on the outer edge) is the low beam and the one closest to the kidney grille is the high beam.

1) Is my understanding correct? If not or only partially, please share your information with us.
2) Someone please confirm or deny that both of the bulbs in each headlamp housing is in fact an HID bulb.
3) Which specific bulbs come on during low beam, and which during high beam, and what happens for Day Time Running lights.
4) When do the halos, or Angel Eyes, come on? During parking? Are these the DRL's?

Also, if anyone can post the bulb types, that would be great. (I think the e46 was H7,D2R, or D2S for the Low Beam, H7 for the high beam, and 9006 for the fog lamps).

And since we're at it, if anyone has seen a HID conversion kit for the e90 fog lamps, please share!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0