06-30-2009, 01:47 AM   #21
Nick@aep
Team Zissou
United_States
Rep
Drives: Past: E92 335i 6mt, 996 GT2

Quote:
Originally Posted by roozie2001 View Post
so far all flashes have been disappointing when it comes to bang for buck. hopefully this will be different.
This will definitely be different.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. 5 View Post
It's great to see more options come out for our engines!
Agreed! I'm especially glad that its a flash.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniz View Post
GIAC is legit.

you all are going to love it i'm thinking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by astris View Post
Finally! I don't think GIAC will disappoint.
You'd definitely know, good sir.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kptaylor View Post
Will all dealers be able to flash/reflash? Require the battery charger BMW recommends?

I've not been a fan of GIAC on 91 octane in the AZ heat, so hopefully it's been figured out better given the higher sophistication of our DMEs. Curious to see the results.
Yessir, correct. GIAC on 91 octane isnt to blame for your car not running well in high heat. That would be attributed moreso to poor cooling from a stock intercooler. Audis (which I'm assuming youre referring to) have terrible stock intercoolers in very poorly ventilated areas (SMICs) so with any heat running a higher boost application for a prolonged period of time, you're undoubtedly in for some knocking. For this reason, GIAC will be making a Stage 2 file specifically requiring a FMIC kit. Heat + Turbo = Bad without cool IATs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by retrodrive View Post
As I said, if they found a way around the 14 psi limit, they have a goldmine on their hands. There is a really good reason why NO tune can hit 15 psi
Bigger isn't always better, good sir. Thats all I'll say in regards to that for now.

Appreciate 0