footie
Major General
Rep
Drives: i5M60

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer Loyalist View Post
Right next to the Q7 V12 TDi .

And what's the reasoning for the last statement regarding the Cayenne Turbo S?
I couldn't agree more about the Q7, the 4.2TDI is plenty quick enough for the sheer size of the Q7 but the V12 just moves it's performance into RS4 levels in something that's more than 5 meters long and more than two and a half tons, never mind that it's £100k.

The Cayenne Turbo S is the SUV to beat for handling with the intent of throwing it down a country lane, maybe the likes of the Q5 might get close on such roads because of the lesser dimensions but it's not got the performance to match. I get to drive an X6 on a regular basis down a not to great B road and I can tell you that it isn't the kind of car that fills you with confidence to push harder and harder like the Cayenne S did. Giving that that X6 has half the power of the X6M it will require a much better tied down chassis that will ultimately led to worse ability on poor roads. I had hoped the BMW would have given it some form of air or adaptive suspension but sadly it doesn't look likely.

I hope I'm wrong but some how I think this will be BMW's most pointless cars ever along with the X5M.
Appreciate 0