Thread: Meth injection?
View Single Post
      01-14-2009, 09:43 PM   #42
Evolution Racewerks
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 20 M340i,15 M4,12 328i,08 135i

Having a vacuum source to activate it is ideal as it is easier to install/remove. That and you do not mess around and tap the MAP sensor wires and risk having a bad MAP sensor connection etc. MAP sensor is how the ECU calculates air flow, not a good idea to mess with it. Our cars are also MAP sensor based. MAP sensor is basically a pressure (boost) sensor. It reads pressure and sends that info to the ECU. Since the Snow Performance controller is pressure activated, it essentially performs and reads just like the car's MAP sensor so there is no discrepancies between readings as they're both reading pressure (boost).

Now, if the car was a MAF sensor like Mitsu, Subaru, VW, Audi, then yes, ideally you want to get the signal from the MAF sensor since a MAF system actually "reads" airflow over the sensor unlike a MAP sensor (our cars) which read boost pressure which the ECU uses that data to calculate airflow (MAP doesn't actually read airflow).

Quote:
Originally Posted by audi2bmw1 View Post
^^^ trust me devils own is a muh better kit...they designed the first all digital controller...after hella post by me bashing thier 1960's style resistors and crap controller they finally got wise and seemed to copy devils own...the kits are similar but devil own takes the win here...they have the best nozzles and ways to mount them to anything..silcone or hard pipes doesnt matte...and this is new to me them jsut using a boost line to activate the controller...using a map sensor volt wires makes more sense to me...i might have to ask chance(owner of devils own) why he doesnt use just a vac line...you would think it would cause problems esp if someone has a leak...the map sensor wire would be a better and more reliable source....my 2 cents
I'm pretty sure I have the Snow Performance kit since it's installed in the car :wink:. I'm not mistaken how it works either as I'm the person who installed it and set it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by audi2bmw1 View Post
uuh are you serious? what kit did you have? and aquamist is waay overpriced and snow performance still uses 1970s technology for their controller...i just checked usrallyteams website and its still the old kits from when i used to mess with them...the progressive digital controller thats described by Evolution Racewerks sounds like he mixed up devils own controller with snows....snows you mount in the engine bay...devils own you mount in the car with you and set the dials as such.
Appreciate 0