View Single Post
      07-16-2006, 01:23 PM   #78
tl_boy
Major
Rep
Drives: tl

Bella,

I have found that proximity means nothing. My old best friend lives in Austin, and like i posted before, the same exact thing happened with me. He just stopped "being friends" one day, and didn't respond to emails, (i'd be lucky to get 3-4 words out, like "I've been really busy." thats it. So anyway, he lives in Austin, which is 2.5 hours from Houston, but i talk to my cousin in Canada about every 4 months - more than I talk/communicate with this guy.) I got married 2 years ago, and he didn't even call/communicate a congratulations! Thats pathetic imho. And I had invited him so nicely. After that, I never tried communicating with him... mind you this guy has AIM on his mobile, laptop, desktop, at work, he's logged on 24/7, he's on as we speak. But I haven't clicked on his name for over 2 years...

a million things have run through my mind trying to find out what the reason is. I can't think of anything. I'm even starting to suspect a common friend, a friend who was never as close as the two of us were, but wanted to be (when we were younger, we used to make fun of him). He also grew up with us, but sometimes I wonder if he was telling the other guy sh*t. I don't think guys do those things though, so I doubt it. This other guy tells me he doesn't talk to him either, but I wouldn't know.

it really bothers me since i've been steady friends with this guy from 2 to 19. I'm 28 now.

Does it bother you more than you don't know the circumstances of her behavior than the thought of your friendship breaking off? At this point, my friendship, for all intensive purposes, is over, so it bothers me more that I don't know the circumstances...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellasBmw
So.. update...

Ive emailed her, texted her, called her and she isnt returning any of my messages. I didnt sugarcoat the email- i told her straight up that i have no idea why she hasnt tried calling or atleast letting me know what her problems is, IF she even has one. But i find it strange that after all we went through, she doesnt have the decency to explain herself. My other best friend shannon, whom ive known since i was 13, lives up in LA with her boyfriend and goes to Law school- yet we talk atleast 5x a week. Whether it be through IM, Text, Phone..etc. I thought trang was different, i thought we had a solid friendship. If we had a big fight, then atleast there are no mysteries. Even my parents think its unusual since she lived with us for 4 months and helped out at our restaurant.

But if this is how she wants to say goodbye, then i guess so be it. I never would have thought id leave for NY like this. But i guess you never know who your true friends are.
Appreciate 0