05-08-2024, 09:24 AM   #58
smokinu454
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by laundrytubman View Post
No, tires have been the same. I am leaning towards struts, or something in the rear end but poking about i am unable to find anything presenting as moving or loose.

I should add, i did replace the front thrust arms and rear track arms to try and pin down but i feel like i would be doing the same problem chasing you have been doing, so will wait for any further findings on your side.
I don't blame you. Mine is going in on the 15th for Bilstein B8 struts, h&r oe sport springs, and new strut mounts. I will update when i get it back. I will add I cant seem to find any issues with the existing struts doing the old bounce test or in 99% of my driving, also no visible leaks. I do suspect they are starting to fail though, I found a very large but somewhat gradual dip in the road a week or two back, hit it around 60MPH and the car took at least 4-5 bounces before it settled back in. This is telling me i have one or more struts that have failed or are failing so im hopefully optimistic it will fix the issue. Will post back next week.