04-25-2024, 06:13 AM   #49
smokinu454
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Buster View Post
Stays alignment in spec when you have it checked after driving for a bit?

I'd stop throwing new parts towards that car until a decent diagnosis on what is wrong has been done.

Ask them to measure if the distance between the front and rear wheel is the same left and right, also if the front and rear axle are in center of each other. Every decent Hunter alignment system can pull up this information, however it's not in the standard procedure.
I have all of the previous alignment sheets and it does appear to hold alignment as far as I can tell aside from the times that I have changed out components that I would expect to throw it off.

I will try to ask them to dig a little deeper on the alignment, I get the feeling ill have to go to a dealer further away, this dealer is giving me answers like "you can keep bringing it back but its unlikely that we will find anything" So I don't imagine they will actually do what I ask but I will give them one more shot. With a tape measure it does appear that the front to rear hub is the same on both sides but thats as in depth as I can answer myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezaircon4jc View Post
I thought I read here somewhere that the answer could be rotating the front shocks. I could very well be wrong; I am married...
Is this really a possible fix/problem? I do feel like i've heard of this once before but not sure where or in what context. Is that just raising the car and rotating the spring on the strut a certain amount?