04-19-2024, 08:44 AM   #15
Holset
Captain
Sweden
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 Comp LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbonsalb View Post
I did not do any before and after testing. Yes, the turbo manifolds are expensive. Only 3 members here have them that I am aware of and none have any before and after. Supersprint makes claims about flow but also has no numbers. This is definitely not a bang for the buck mod and it probably adds little power to a stock block with tune and bolt ons, but neither do any other bolt on parts. I will likely build a motor in the next year or two.

One member who is building a 1300-1400 rwhp motor said his shop looked at the Supersprint manifolds and decided they did not offer much improvement. It’s all relative. If I build a motor, it will be pump gas plus meth and probably 800-900 rwhp. I like the efficiency theory — sort of like the full Dinan intake. If you improve efficiency you can get more out if what you have with less boost and stress.

Comparing the stock and Supersprint side by side, I don’t see any dramatic gains. I think I see minor ones and maybe they add up. I did spend additional money to coat the manifold, which reduces temperatures in the hot Vee and improves efficiency. I would recommend coating to anyone considering the manifold because the larger runner manifold means the part of a heat shield that extends from under the alternator to over the first 2 runners (#1 and #4) must be trimmed away. I think its purpose is to insulate the turbo oil drains and the Bank 2 turbo actuator.

Sound wise, I’d like to say there is more volume but honestly it could be in my mind.
Okay cool man yeah have not heard that many people run these.
How is the build quality and welds?

Supersprint is an old company that has made exhaust for Bmw’s for a long time.
I have supersprint downpipes on my car and I wasn’t impressed with the welds on them especially for the price but so long they have held up fine.
Appreciate 0