United_States
Rep
Drives: 330i, 135i

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [9.50]
2006 330i  [6.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8flags View Post
Hi all - first post here! I'm looking for my first BMW and have pretty much settled on the E88.

The main use of the car will be a fun/vacation car as it will live in Florida and will be in use when we go down, assuming 3-4k miles tops, not a daily driver — but will be a fun to work on car for me.

There's a 2013 E88 I found with 70k miles. It drives well, looks to be in good shape, but I just ran the report, and looks like it went from salvage to rebuilt in 2021. The owner didn't know it was a rebuilt title (I believe him from my conversations with him) — he bought it from a friend a year ago who told him "they replaced the radiator"

It was passenger side front-end damage, I'm assuming it was frame damage and then repaired since it was salvaged.

I'm planning on a PPI prior to actually doing anything.

These photos are when it was salvaged. It's since been repaired and passed the inspection from salvage to rebuilt in Virginia, which means a DMV inspection.

Am I crazy for pulling the trigger on this rebuilt 2013 E88 with 70k miles for $7-8k? Assuming PPI is nothing major and frame is straight. Original ask was $12.5 when the owner thought clean title.
How can the owner thought it was a clean title when its a salvage title? 🤔. I would for 5K max. Post more pics including engine and interior.
Appreciate 0