View Single Post
      04-04-2024, 08:37 PM   #1
Jaytabz21
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 323i

BMW E90 3 Series - Dead car

Hello all,

Apologies if I am not posting in the correct section. I am new to the forums.

2011 BMW 323i

A couple of days ago, my car was running fine after a 2 hour commute, I decided to stop and fill up the tank. After putting in gas, I go to turn the car on, and there was no power at all. I was able to check connections to battery and realized the positive cable was loose. The battery had been sliding in the back because the metal bracket was not put in place to prevent shifting of the battery. This led to the loose battery cable. Made sure the connections were good and made sure to secure the battery to prevent it from moving.

Fast forward to today, the car was running fine this morning then all of a sudden mid afternoon, I had the same issues with the battery. The car had no power again. It seems the battery had shifted again (the metal bracket was not tightened all the way) and caused the loose connection. Made sure everything was tight and secured again, go to turn the car on and everything was working fine. I left the car parked for a couple of hours.

Now, I go to turn the car on and as I am driving, I realized my turn signals are not working, power windows not working, and headlights not showing on the dash. I thought it might be an issue with the battery, so I decided to disconnect the battery and let it sit for awhile. As I was removing the negative terminal, there was a huge spark (not like the kind when you’re jump starting a car, it was much bigger than that). After deeming it was safe to continue with the battery, I removed the positive terminal next, then I let it sit for a couple mins, then reconnected the battery.

Now I have no power at all. I tried to jump it using a booster pack and got nothing. Anyone have any ideas what it might be? I did some research and believe it might be the FRM module but I don’t know..

Could the constant battery being disconnected and connected again, cause this issue? It is a new battery (1 month old), I had programmed it using BimmerLink. Should I have coded the battery again after it being disconnected?

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Last edited by Jaytabz21; 04-05-2024 at 08:31 AM..
Appreciate 0