View Single Post
      03-30-2024, 02:41 PM   #40
Fantastic 5
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M5 Comp.

I use them almost daily as I drive a lot per day. They are good enough in that they get the job done, but they do not press hard enough in most modes….I know the S class massage function is more powerful. In the end, I don’t really want to be without massaging seats in the future…but the choices of performance cars/GT’s that have massage seats available is super slim.

Which bring me to my overall point. What car exists that is balls out fast, can fit 5 with luggage, AWD, handle, and have every luxury amenity such as first class tech with Level 2 autonomous driving, head’s up display, remote start, keyless smartphone access….etc.

The car is so good, it’s almost stupid.

I drove a new Porsche 911 GTS yesterday and it was very impressive. Much more sports car than GT, but to Porsche’s credit, you can outfit it with a lot of tech…except….you guessed it massage seats….

Now, that doesn’t really make the ultimate difference but I’ll tell you what does. Sheer power and value. Getting back in my M5C, the power difference was immediately noticeable in favor of the M5. Then let’s talk about value….to spec out a 911 GTS (which noticeably has less power) remotely close to an M5, it is $195,000.

C’mon….

And I heard the arguments that the Porsche depreciate a lot less than any car, but what difference does it make if you’re paying a premium for that upfront??

I’m going to enjoy my M5, its tech, its power, its value, and yes it’s massage seats for awhile…. I’m good.
Appreciate 2