03-23-2024, 07:48 PM   #4
UnfoundLegend
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 F13 M6 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebmw View Post
SMB is the best. Mine is also a former Florida coupe. I was surprised to see how the Florida heat and sun really age the leather and clear coating. It takes a lot to keep them healthy in that humid, hot environment. Some enthusiast is going to be happy with your OCD maintenance.
Thank you! SMB is one of my all-time favorite colors! The color alone makes me really reconsider selling lol. It’s just so special to me. The next owner will understand.

The leather ages really well, the tint helps a lot I’m sure. The inside still has the factory BMW premium leather smell—not that old “used” smell that’s prominent on most older BMW’s. Not sure if it’s how well I took care of it but I have a few other cars to compare to and none of them have come close in craftsmanship and quality of materials. BMW nailed this particular generation of cars, and it goes to show they kept the F13 nearly the same for six whole years without major LCI updates, which is very much unlike BMW to do. So this 2014 looks essentially identical to the 2018 model year. When I tell people it’s ten years old, they stare at me in disbelief!
Appreciate 1