View Single Post
      03-12-2024, 02:10 PM   #463
Cory1970
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 328

Quote:
Originally Posted by M1500Z View Post
Yours is now—has to be. Technically, an M2 CS Racing probably had the previous fastest time—some of the WRL cars were pretty quick. Race cars aside, I doubt my lap was the previous fastest—it's probably missing a good deal of power to any F8X in the 20s.

Stock turbos and fuel system does not necessarily stock power make—I don't know what Cory's car makes power wise, but it's more than factory. The average DE driver in a stock M2C is probably in the mid-upper 2:30s. Something to note is the track was recently repaved in several sections that should affect overall times positively.
You’re right, there’s no doubt that a prepped factory race car like the CS Racing with the top level power stick and Michelin slicks would be faster. For now, I’m just really happy that our new set up is in the ballpark to go deeper into the teens in a manual car.

We deviated from a previous set up design that was very close to the CS Racing and M4 GT4 (not far from the “GTMore”). I didn’t feel happy with those setups on anything but a pure race car.

The new setup puts a higher emphasis on mechanical grip to accommodate street tires and springs with matching frequencies.

As for power, it made 50 more hp and tq than when we dyno’d it new. At higher levels we started chasing reliability issues on waste gate duty cycle. On the street it was fine, but the race track was a different story. A bigger turbo would have solved the issue, but that wasn’t the point of this round of work. My focus was mainly on the chassis.
Appreciate 1
M1500Z433.50