View Single Post
      03-08-2024, 10:44 PM   #4
BeAtCoAsTeR
Rep
Drives: 2021 F90 M5 Competition

Before you buy either car, you must take it to a BMW certified technician/shop, but NOT a BMW dealership. Pay the 5-600 bucks and have them look everything over with a fine tooth comb. Why?

The techs at BMW dealerships cannot find and replace any issue on a car they find without it first being brought to their attention by the customer/owner. If they did bring it to the customer's attention, BMW corporate will not pay them(the dealership) back for their time or the parts, which is why I had a BMW dealership tell me the car I was looking at was great after paying $350 for a "multipoint inspection". Fast forward 4 months and my independent shop found 5 things wrong with it while performing fluid changes/flushes I wanted to get done.

To this day I cannot get the seal on my drain pan fixed under warranty, as BMW has a code that says a "sweating" oil pan gasket or any other gasket leaking a small amount of oil is perfectly fine, and only until it drips profusely will they replace it under warranty. BMW corporate and their "certified" warranties are a joke, as every used BMW has been "taken care of" with the techs and service departments having their hands tied behind their backs. The fact BMW says 10k mile oil changes are fine for these engines is enough to scare anyone as well, as the bearings/tolerances are so tight on these engines the cleaner the oil the better.

Get an aftermarket warranty for the electronics/batteries/etc, but have a nice rainy day fund in your bank account for the stuff BMW neglected over the past years, as you may have to replace a lot on your own dime.
Appreciate 4