View Single Post
      02-24-2024, 02:30 AM   #4
Beemermike
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 325i SE N53

Garage List
Unfortunately there is a lot of misinformation out there regarding E92 factory suspension setups and US-EU market options being mixed up within the discussion.

So I'm clarifying that my reply is only regarding UK spec cars.

Firstly, there is a misconception about "Sport" and "M Sport" suspensions and whether they are the same thing. This confusion is caused by the fact that the M Sport package was released a year after the E92 debuted, and prior to this the optional sportier suspension was named "Sport" suspension on the options list. They are one and the same.

All 335i and 335d models, regardless of whether they are SE or M Sport, were fitted with the sportier suspension by default. However, a customer did have the option to have it deleted and come with the basic suspension instead.

All 320, 325 & 330 E92's regardless whether petrol or diesel had the basic suspension fitted from factory unless they were optioned with the M Sport package, or in case of SE models, they had the M Sport suspension optioned (Or Sport suspension if car was produced before 2007)

In a VIN decored, options 226 or 704 indicate the car has Sport or M Sport suspension respectively. If option 225 is present, that means the car was originally fitted with sportier suspension, but was optioned to have it removed.

Hope this clarifies things a little.
Appreciate 0