02-23-2024, 10:20 AM   #10
logicators
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResIpsaLoquitur View Post
I agree on the aesthetics. As I have detailed in another thread and post, I swapped all chrome elements on my previous BSM over black base which came with black 706Ms to all black OE elements, including the kidney grills and grill surrounds, side markers, exhaust tips, and rear badge for the all black look. I got everything the Comp brings in terms of those visual elements (except shadowline headlights) for something in the ball park of $1000.

With all this being said, and my above post notwithstanding, there was no way I wasn’t getting a Comp the second time around, and made sure the aesthetics/color combo matched to what I had done on my base. I like entirely blacked out cars and have been rocking that aesthetic for 10 or 15 years now, even though many here dislike it for one reason or another. I dont see my view changing any time soon.

Wood interior trim is a weird spec for an M5, IMO. Even more bizarre on a base if you ask me, but, hey, to each their own. Aluminum dark carbon structure trim was kind of nice, but scratched if breathed on too hard. Now I have piano black which is difficult to maintain in an entirely different kind of way.
That’s a compact only parking 😜

Beautiful car!
Appreciate 1