Drives: Lots of BMWs

Garage List
2018 M4 Vert  [0.00]
2006 Z4M Roadster  [0.00]
1995 540i  [0.00]
2008 BMW M5  [0.00]
2019 i3 Rex  [0.00]
2021 X7 40i MSport  [0.00]
Early FG experience was maybe 12yrs ago, was only about 50% more than other burger chains but natural fries and better options for toppings, then they finally came to RI and it was a $12 meal place was mobbed, now these days it so exp and usually dead though will see a takeout pickup or two while there. I can't see how their expansion can handle it and should see locations close soon or shrinkflation.

Yeah get the KFC or Popeyes craving every so often, but geez how exp it's gotten, a family bucket is like $50. Totally dumbfounded by the Raising Cains popularity, prices are so high and it's meh, don't like ketchup/mayo sauce, but by itself the chicken is so bland and not chikfila quality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranquility View Post
You Yankees are so lucky because there are so many choices over there. Just some random thoughts:

I never got the big deal about Five Guys, it was alright, the burger was a bit greasy and the fries thing, I think they just make a HUGE/generous portions for customers and that's why it goes into the dish and then another container, that was nice. However, overall it wasn't enough to make me go back and that place has since closed.

Similarly, I never got In-and-Out, just standard stuff for me. Chipotle is alright too, but overpriced because my criterion is if I can easily make something similar at home, I feel ripped off.

I occasionally have cravings for KFC (they call it 'PFK' here, cuz, French language nazis lol) even though some ppl have hate for the Colonel for whatever reason. I still think it's the best-tasting fried chicken. Mary Brown was bleech. Popeye's you just depend on that cajun sauce and the skin is just hard crispy and not flavorful like them 11 herbs and spices baby haha.

Is New York Fries dead now? I figure it was good when it first came out but I assume everyone knows how to make those fries now.

If I was in the States, I would pig out on Carl's Jr. and Jack in the Box.
Appreciate 0