View Single Post
      02-04-2024, 07:03 PM   #12
Led_Zep_Fan
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW F90 M5C

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeAtCoAsTeR View Post
Starting in 2021, the only way the car can be 'tuned' is by removing them from the car and shipping them out of the country - which BMW can see when they read the ECU!!
That is what the independent shop that did the exhaust install told me as well.

I appreciate your reply and the additional info. I am definitely going to find out what the altered ECU values are. I talked with the dealership about this, and they made it sound like there was no way to definitively tell what values were changed or when. That was surprising to me, and likely untrue as I am now realizing. I have also heard multiple times now that they should be able to see if the ECU was flashed and how many times.

I am way ahead of you on calling BS. I know with 100% certainty that I have not tuned the car, so that is giving me hope. I just have to gather all the evidence to present my case (and hopefully not in court). There is just no way that installing a bolt-on intake and exhaust suddenly caused the car to increase its power level to the point where it grenades the engine.

I honestly can understand their suspicion, as I'm sure they have seen tuned cars with owners that try to deny it, but that is not the case here. And it really seems that they have not been forthcoming at all on getting to the bottom of this issue.
Appreciate 0