View Single Post
      01-18-2024, 06:04 PM   #1
Gizmosfx
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2021 230i Xdrive, 69 BMW 1600

F22 230i xdrive mystery Stealth Brembo brakes

Calling all 2gurus. I recently bought a lease return 2021 230i xdrive with 30k. I love it.
I have several older BMWs (2 E36 M3s and a 1969 2002) I autocross and do track days. I have done engine swaps.
This car is my Daily. It is replacing a 2005 330Ci sport coupe that had reached 210k and was starting to have serious electrical gremlins.
The paperwork from the dealer says it has 07AC Sport Line, 0ZPP Premium Package and 0346 Chrome Line Exterior Trim.
I need to replace the rear brake pads.
When I go shopping Most of the usual vendors list M Sport Brakes with painted calipers.
This car has the Brembo fixed calipers (4 Piston Front and 2 Piston Rear) and the large rotors. BUT the calipers are plain unpainted gray.
I spoke with a tech at ECS. He ran my full VIN and said I had standard brakes with the single piston and the smaller rotors!
The car has sport seats and steering wheel. Paddle shifters. I have searched and found no mention of these stealth Brembo Calipers. The car is beautiful. It is spotlessly clean and wasn't abused at all. It was a lease so I would doubt someone would add these brakes. It seems like they replaced the front pads but not the rears some time before returning the car since the fronts are fine but rears are down to 2mm.
I realize this was near the end of the F22 cars. did they start emptying the parts bin or is this a standard setup for Sport Line vehicles?
I have a set of Akebono EUR1656 coming for the rear and I am planning to put EUR1880s on the front if these fit.

Thanks for making it through this novel. It's long because i think it helps to tell the whole story.

Also it used to be fairly easy to find a VIN checker online but I haven't found anything the works. I tried running the VIN on RealOem and it didn't work there either.
Appreciate 0