View Single Post
      01-16-2024, 03:54 PM   #89
BourbonJ
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 xDRIVE 50e

We bought a 50e on 9/28/23, 3 days later it was flat towed back to dealership were it has been in service to this day 1/14/2024 (108 days). BMWNA is "reluctantly" buying the 50e back this week. In our case the problem was the BMU(Battery Management Electronic Unit), the replacement unit was ordered from Germany, but even with BMWNA Tech assistance they could not and have not resolve the problem for 3 months.

There is a chance they got another defective BMU or like in this forum it has become a systematic problem that BMWNA wants to fix before sending out any more 50e. I can see BMW not wanting customers to cancel their orders if they admit to a problem they are trying to resolve, so that could be part of reason they are running silent on production halt or reduced production.

This Forum has been a great place to find out, unfortunately, the many safety issues and problems the 2024 BMW X5 50e has been having.

I hope others will join me in reporting these issues to the NHTSA at https://www.nhtsa.gov/report-a-safety-problem#vehicle. It is a pretty simple process to fill out.

We still love the BMW, but to hold BMW accountable to fix the problem(s) and help others not go thru the same problems and safety issues we are going through, we need to officially document them with the NHTSA.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0