Thread: M3 vs M5
View Single Post
      01-06-2024, 10:37 PM   #68
duosview
Rep
Drives: C63s coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnotrom711 View Post
For me it was the ability to have 2 cars in one. An absolute beast when you want it, and a quiet smooth luxury car when you dont.

The materials, the options, the feel, the refinement, the torque, the front of the new m3 is horrendous, although its growing on me, not to the point that I like it, just hate it a little less than I used to.

Sure the m3 is better maybe for track days, but those are few and far between if ever. The m5 is by far the best daily driver/performance car ive ever owned. And I routinely put some pretty fast cars in their place.

As it happens, for comparison sake... A good friend of mine has a g80 M3 Xdrive, really cool car...

He has a JB4, Eventuri intake and exhaust on his M3, we ran the 1/2 mile together a few times yesterday.... His best was 142mph, with a few runs around 140.

He has pulled a few sub 3 second 0-60 times with his car... However yesterday at the event we ran 3 times against each other, and it wasn't even close.

We launched together, and for the first 60-100 ft he was there with me, with the AWD, but then I just walked away and continued to put car lengths on him.

I trapped between 157-160mph, with only a racechip and charcoal delete. For comparison sake.... a car with us yesterday Ferrari F8 Tributo with a tune, pulled between 162mph-167mph 1/2 miles. 710 HP stock, and I dont know how much with the tune, and 1000 lbs lighter. I didnt run directly against him, but I wouldnt be surprised if we had I would have been ahead most of the run until he reeled me in with better aerodynamics, more power, and lighter car.

The M5 has the power, the prestige, the look and feel I wanted, the daily driving capabilities, and can put MOST cars in their place. Exceptions being Tesla Plaid, 911 Turbo S, and a few other high end exotics.

However from stop light to stop light and rolling pulls, I routinely surprise, or destroy 458, 488, huracans, hell cats, GT3s to name a few.
M5 is a big car to park around in downtown compare to M2. a lot bigger feel/.;
Appreciate 0