12-14-2023, 09:55 PM   #19
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
I think if the iPhone was hazardous to its owners health, then I'd think it would be called a recall.

I think the Autopilot is legitimately a recall because of the safety reason it requires a software update. The recall is the governmental process rather than the manufacturer's solution implementation.

My Ford Bronco was recalled for the rear camera staying on when shifting out of reverse into first gear when the transfercase is in low-range. Ford fixed it with a OTA update.

I'm sure if BMW needs to do a software recall, the owner will still need to visit the dealer. How else would BMW upsell other service needs to its wealthy clientele. "Ma'am your car needs rear brakes, an oil change and coolant flush."

Did you read what the "recall" actually is? The only thing hazardous about Autopilot is the name, which is only a problem because most of the population doesn't have two brain cells to rub together.

It's like saying the iphone is hazardous to its owners health because people keep walking into traffic while staring down at it. Then Apple has to issue a "recall" to put a fucking warning on the screen every 5 min telling you to look where you're going.
Appreciate 0