View Single Post
      11-24-2023, 03:19 PM   #43
aalsayye
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResIpsaLoquitur View Post
Hi aalsayye! Hope all is well with you, too!

While pbonsalb probably isn’t my biggest fan on here, I couldn’t have said it better myself.

I agree with him 100% and he is absolutely correct. Some will not do it for liability reasons alone. Interestingly, my local dealership had no problem with this whatsoever.

Wikipedia tells me that the parent corp of DT operates tire stores in 38 of the lower 48, and “is considered the largest retailer of tires and wheels in the world.” As a corporation that large, their legal department exists accordingly.

But, to answer your question, you can definitely go one speed rating and one load rating lower in the winter without issue.

I’ll be doing changeover to my SottoZero IIIs in the next couple of weeks as our temperatures drop, and as mentioned last year, they are in fact one load rating and one speed rating below the OE star marked PS4Ss (and the P Zeros for that matter).
It’s great to hear from, and thank you!

I decided to make an appointment with a nearby BMW dealership who will be charging $200 for the swap + alignment. A little pricey but I’d rather have it done properly.
2023 M5
Appreciate 1