View Single Post
      11-21-2023, 02:27 PM   #40
strohw
Captain
Rep
Drives: 19 Versys 1000, 20 KTM 690 SMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgoldenz View Post
Where did I say you should go lease a new Wraith/Ghost? Used cars exist.
Where are the key word(s) used in your post that I quoted to show us that you're switching between these thoughts. The topic is leasing, you mention what you think is a good lease rate, you mention you couldn't see yourself paying X amount on 2 specific vehicles, you mention buying a Wraith/Ghost while losing less over 3 years and finally say you didn't pay that much on a Porsche.

Wouldn't people who read your paragraph assume you're talking about new vehicles? Am I the one who is confused with what you were saying?

Quote:
Would I rather have a used Wraith for 3 years that I might lose $20-30k on or a new X6M that I'm guaranteed to lose $60k on?
But you won't and that's why I mentioned the depreciation numbers. The Wraith/Ghost lose 25% of their value over 3 years or nearly 100k. The next 3 years it's another 20% or about 60k. On top of that, you have 150k in payments over 3 years before you sell it to get a portion of your money back. I know you were exaggerating with this example and I took it at face value.

Quote:
Easy choice for me. That's just an example, there's plenty of other nicer cars than an X6M that won't lose anywhere near $60k in 3 years.
Like what? List me some high performance SUV besides a Cayenne that have more than a 58-60% lease residual value after 3 years.
Appreciate 0