View Single Post
      11-16-2023, 03:16 PM   #10
micvite
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 mazda RX8

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmsteinm View Post
My traffic fixed itself a couple days ago. I did finally get a response from BMW, so here is something to try next time:

We recommend performing an Update Services in your vehicle to refresh the connection. This can be done by following the steps below:

-Hold the power button down for 70 seconds exactly. (The volume knob is the iDrive power button)
-The iDrive screen in the center of the vehicle will turn off and reboot around 25 seconds into the 70 seconds, but keep holding the power button for the entire 70 seconds
-After 70 seconds, release the power button and wait for iDrive to boot up
-On the iDrive, click "Apps" and then press the “Option” button near the iDrive controller in the center console
-Choose “Update apps and services”. The vehicle will then undergo a short update.
-Finally, remove the MYBMW app from your phone and then reinstall the app.
Once the update completes, we recommend shutting the vehicle off and locking doors allowing 30 minutes before restarting the vehicle to check the connection.

Please navigate to the main menu on your iDrive screen in the vehicle and select Car, Driver Profile and make sure you are logged in. Please navigate back to the main menu and select Car, Settings, General settings, scroll down to Data Privacy and select and make sure box is checked for Agree and activate all.

Lastly, Please Navigate to the main menu on your iDrive screen and select Navigation> scroll down to Settings and select>Configure Services and make sure box is checked for Traffic Information.
Yeah I did that already, it didn't do anything haha
Appreciate 0